Our terms & conditions
- The following per ticket fees apply when booking tickets at Canterbury Ticket Shop: Booking by phone and in person at our Box Office: £1 per ticket booking fee. Booking online: 75p per ticket booking fee. For all productions in The Marlowe Studio (booking by phone, in person at the Box Office and online): 75p per ticket booking fee.
- The maximum booking fee you will be charged, when booking your tickets in person or over the phone, is £8. If you book more than 15 tickets per transaction, in person or over the phone, you will not be charged a booking fee.
- If you book online, you will be charged a per ticket booking fee for all of the tickets that you book, with no maximum booking fee charge.
- Customers with access needs are not charged a booking fee, if booking by phone and in person.
- An extra charge of £1 applies if you would like your tickets posted.
- Tickets are sold subject to the right of the event promoter and/or the visiting producer to alter or vary the advertised programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without prior notice and without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- In the event of a performance being cancelled, Canterbury Ticket Shop will offer ticket holders the chance to book for an alternative performance of the same show (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket. Alternatively Canterbury Ticket Shop may issue the ticket holder with a credit voucher for the value of the original tickets.
- Canterbury Ticket Shop will not make refunds for tickets, but at the request of the customer it will endeavour to exchange tickets for another performance of the same production (subject to availability and an administration charge).
- Once tickets are posted to the ticket holder or collected Canterbury Ticket Shop cannot be held liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Once any ticket is purchased at full price, no discounts or concessions will be made retrospectively.
- The event promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to venues to ensure the safety of its staff and other customers.
- For certain events at particular venues, a limited amount of free Lap Tickets for children under the age of 18 months may be available. When these tickets have sold out the customer will have to pay the price of the lowest priced ticket to admit a child under 18 months.
- Every effort to admit latecomers to venue auditoriums will be made at a suitable break in performance; this may however mean the interval.
- Photography, video and sound recording, smoking and the use of mobile phones, pagers and digital watches in venue auditoriums are strictly prohibited and patrons who break this condition or cause any kind of disturbance may be required to leave immediately.
- Eating and drinking is allowed in venue auditoriums but we request that you respect performers.
- The use of laser pointers or similar devices within venue auditoriums is strictly prohibited and the event promoter reserves the right of confiscation.
- The event promoter may record or take photographs of performances. However, if it does so, it will inform customers as they arrive for the performance.
(Canterbury Ticket Shop is owned and managed by Canterbury City Council)